Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This weekend

Tonight after some relaxing alone time with god and reading a friends blog i am feeling very calm and loved. Until about a few weeks ago i had been feeling kind of jealous of one of my very close friends who is going out of town for the weekend. We had made some plans to go to some skillet shows this weekend long ago. but never really made it official, yet in my mind they were set in stone. So when she started talking about going to meet another friend of hers and hanging out with her i realized i wasn't going with her and that she needed to go out on her own because god was calling her to step out of her comfort zone for what HE wants for her. Even though i knew this i was still upset that WE wern't going to be having an epic weekend together.
Then after i had some serious god time, it suddenly dawned on me that this was a GOOD thing for me too. She is going to be having one of the best weekends of her life thus far, and instead of sitting home and feeling sorry for myself like i initially was planning on doing. A certain accordion playing friend of mine told me that *I* cant sit around and do nothing about my life and expect to have a good time. So in an attempt to cheer me up he planned a virtual day at the beach for us to hang out and play in the sand and get "down and dirty" as swamp monsters =P even though its only a virtual thing it just the fact that he would think of that to make me feel better really showed me he cares.
A few days after this convo with "A" friend and i were sitting around bored and decided that we should hang out soon. And being that i didn't want to be home alone this weekend i suggested we get together to hang out. This will be the first time that i will be driving more then 45 min to go see someone EVER and also the first time that we will hang out with just us(which normally i would be freaking out and very nervous) but in the past few months me and "A" friend have gotten very close and have had some very long convos about things i don't talk about with many other people. So i am VERY excited to be spending the weekend with her(which i also haven't done with anyone since my best friend and i had our falling out) and just having some great lounging time.
Since my accordion playing friend and "A" friend have reached out to me like this, and having some very amazing god times and just being reminded by my special friend that you need to be Living not just alive have really had me in a great mood. Every aspect of my life just seems to be better. not that they have changed. *I* have changed, and my outlook on things have changed. i even had the guts to talk to my parents about being baptized and when they criticized me for it. i didn't let it get me down. i just turned to Jesus and knew that it was the right thing to do. Work has even been great. (which has never happened to me) but i shall blog about my whole work experience later. this blog is already WAY to long and full of babble. (sorry to whoever is still reading this =P i owe you a cookie for being so determined to finish reading this)
But i am off to pray for a few friends who are going through rough times. and also pray for my close friend to keep her positive look on life and this weekend. <3

*do you know what it feels like to want to surrender*

4 comments:

  1. lol no babble to me...and praise God about your decesion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is really cool to read and girl i'm sorry =( i didn't realize it had upset you about the weekend plans thing...i kind of just went with what cara thought about it and i guess my excitement was a little over the top so sorry for making you jealous =( but seriously, don't worry. lifest. that's all i have to say. to be honest, i know you don't have much concert experience and i really want your first skillet concert to be incredibly memorable and...from my experiences you gotta be concert-broke-in yet a little bit ;) lol. don't you worry though...lifest? yeah we're not gonna sleep we're gonna go crazy we're going to mosh for jesus ♥ and also, i'm VERY proud of you for talking about baptism with your parents...and also sad they spat in your face about it =( but you know, if you believe that's what is right for you to do, and you do it, you should still invite them. tell them it would mean a lot to you if they came but if they're really against it then they don't have to come. *tight hugs* i'll be praying for you and your parents so that their hearts will be softened ♥ much love to lethie from ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea it was stupid of me but i couldnt help it at first. but with the help of you and a few other friends (even though you guys had no clue you were helping me) i realized i was being dumb and this is best for everyone =] and ik im SOOO excited for lifest. and dont worry it was short lived and im SOOOOO flipping happy for you. this is going to be an amazing fun jesus filled weekend for you and how can i be upset about that? its not possible =] im estatic that everything has panned out so well for you.

    and yea my mom was upset when i told her i wanted to get baptisized the day before because i wasnt going to invite her. but now i know even though she critisizes me all the time for being religious i know its important to be involved. (which i think is why i was putting off getting ahold of ben) it would mean so much more if i could confess my new life with jesus with my family AND friends there. so yes when i do get baptized you will be going up with me. and hopefully my parents and siblings will be there with us. thanks liz again. you amaze me all the time.
    i dont tell you that enough but you are so important to my life. and i cant wait to hear all about your weekend. im looking forward to the rediculously long blog that is sure to follow =P <3 ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww =) that made me smile. look at me spam your blog with comments...and yes, the purpose of baptism is to testify to the world, to proclaim your faith. inviting your family & even maybe people like diana & breezy would be good for you you know...like, if its so important to you, make sure they know that. its impossible for someone to be my friend and not know how important Jesus is to me, i'm not showing off or saying i'm perfect cuz i'm far from it, i'm just saying it comes with the faith =) and yes, lifest will be amazing. don't you worry girl, i'm going to give you the best one ever =D

    ReplyDelete